General Dynamics Land Systems provides a full spectrum of land and amphibious combat systems, subsystems and components worldwide. Our strengths are world-class design and systems integration, superior production and innovative life cycle support.
General Dynamics Land Systems–Australia was established in 2000 to support the delivery of the ASLAV fleet of 257 ASLAV wheeled armoured fighting vehicles. This local work included final assembly and fit-out of the ASLAV Phase 3 fleet and upgrade of the ASLAV Phase 2 fleet to the Phase 3 standard. Since 1998, General Dynamics Land Systems–Australia has managed a local supply chain for the ASLAV fleet and since 2002 has manufactured approximately 400, 25mm turrets mostly for export markets and limited quantities of 25mm maritime remote weapon mounts for the RAN.
Our local capability and commitment to supporting overseas operations were ably demonstrated in 2005 when we modified ASLAV vehicles for urgent deployment to Iraq (Op Al Muthana). This support included 1,000 hours of engineering design and 32,500 hours of production effort completed within 24 days. This feat could not have been achieved without our effective collaboration with the Commonwealth, local industry and international OEMs.
General Dynamics Land Systems–Australia has the capability to:
• Supply a full range of modern heavy, medium and light Armoured Fighting Vehicle platforms and Defence equipment
• Integrate vehicle-borne systems
• Conduct depot, unit and in-theatre maintenance
• LAV-25 turret manufacture and maintenance
• Provide AFV maintenance support to allied rotational forces training in the region
• Deliver technology transfer, production and supply chain management into Australia